Tuesday, May 26, 2009

smell of parenting

I could tell you about my morning. Let's just say that I was focusing my time and efforts on the non-essentials today instead of grabbing my children's hearts. I ran across this article while reading some blogs online after lunch. It's too good to keep to myself, so I have to share it.

http://www.premeditatedparenting.net/93_the_smell_of_parenting.htm

I pray that the Lord will show me each day what is good and right and holy. That spending my time and energy training my children's character and guiding their hearts into right relationships is more important than finishing workbook pages or getting all the dishes put away. I pray that He will open my eyes to the teachable moments in their lives and close my eyes to my to do list. And I pray that where ever you are at today, that the Lord will meet you and take your hand and lead you a little closer to Him.

No comments: