Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rolling

Today Eleanor made progress towards mobility. She rolled from her back to her tummy! She's been able to flip off her tummy for a couple weeks, so I guess this means that rolling around the living room is coming soon. With my first baby, this was a celebratory moment. Today, I found myself near tears. It's so great to be able to put a kid down and know that's where they'll be staying! Even as wiggly as Eleanor is, she doesn't make it more than a foot from where I've set her. After rolling, will come the dreaded scooting- and all those dirty clothes that show the world I don't vacuum enough! Then she'll start crawling, walking, and running. Pretty soon she'll learn how to read and write and balance a checkbook. I'll be putting her in high school and Greg will be teaching her how to drive. We'll pack her off for college where she'll probably meet the man she'll marry. Before you know it, I'll have grandkids! And it all started today...when she rolled from her back to her tummy.

No comments: