Saturday, April 18, 2009

Funny Things Kids Say

Several weeks ago I was sitting in the entryway at church with Veronica. One of the guys needed to walk through several times and would stop and play with Veronica each time he passed. After one interaction, this is the conversation that followed:

Veronica: "Mama, why does he DO that?"
Me: "Well, he doesn't have kids, yet, so when he sees you he likes to play with you. It's fun playing with kids."
Veronica: "What happened?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Veronica: "Did he kill them?"

I promise, she's never watched an episode of CSI!

This morning Greg and a couple friends are fishing (yes, in the rain). When one of them came over, Zachary answered the door. Apparently there was a little action and here's what he told me:

Zachary: "When I opened the door a cockroach tried to get in. Josh tried to kick it outside, but it wouldn't go. So I picked it up, threw it outside, shut the door and locked it!"
Me (thinking): "It sure is a good thing you locked the door, so that cockroach won't just open it!"

I know there are many more such conversations, but these two have me chuckling today.

No comments: